By participating in one of our bike tours, you are agreeing to
our Terms and Conditions, as set out below:


Our Payment Policy

We unfortunately cannot refund any portion of anybody's payment if they miss the tour without any notice to us beforehand.

When desired, we can switch dates free of charge with as little as almost no notice (last minute), however we make no promise to this extent. The sooner a change of reservation is requested, the more likely it is that we can accommodate the request. 

Tours run with a minimum of 4 participants. We will let you know the day before if the tour does not have the required numbers to run.

As for refunds for reservations being cancelled, our policy is as follows:

0% with less than 12 hours prior to departure time

50% for notice given between 12 and 24 hours prior to departure

100% for more than a 24 hour notice

When an invoice has been sent for a group booking, the reservation is confirmed by paying 25% of the total amount up front. The remaining 75% must be paid at least 5 working days before the tour takes place.

 

Biking Tours

The cycling tours will be held according to the information provided in our tour description. Deviations are sometimes necessary and are made at the discretion of the tour guide in accordance with company policies.

An English speaking professional tour guide will accompany participants during the bike tour.

The excursion will not take place in the case of (severely) adverse weather conditions or other cataclysmic catastrophes. In each of these cases, the company Bike & Bite maintains the right to use its own discretion when deciding the appropriateness of the excursion conducted. Participants will be notified no less than 24 hours in advance if the tour needs to be cancelled.

In the case that the tour does not take place due to unpleasant weather conditions, your full amount will be refunded or upon request a new date may be selected on which you can participate in the tour. In scenario 2 (reschedule), no refund will be given.

In the case of the cancellation of an excursion or tour of any sort by Bike & Bite Tours, for reasons other than those provided in the preceding two paragraphs, the customer is entitled to a refund of the amount paid, or, if the client so decides, the client will be entitled to participate in one subsequent excursion scheduled in the following seven days after the cancellation. The replacement excursion will be of equivalent value and duration.

Participants must be present at the agreed excursion meeting point. Refunds will not be provided to individuals that are not present at the agreed meeting time and place. The guide will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes beyond the agreed meeting time, after which he will depart. A no-show will incur full cost of the booked tour.

Participants declare that:

They are able to ride a bike safely and within the limits of the law.

They are of good riding health.

They are not under the influence of drugs or more than the legal amount of alcohol when taking part in the tour.

They understand that they are required to practice common sense, prudence and diligence while on the bike tour. The instructions given by the tour guide should be followed at all times.

They understand that they should lock their bikes at all times when they are not being used, as instructed by the guide. If the bike is stolen as a consequence of failing to lock the bike the participant will need to reimburse 400 euros to Bike & Bite for each stolen bike.

They release Bike & Bite and All Affiliated Entities (subsidiaries, present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, shareholders and directors, hereafter "All Affiliated Entities") from any claims for damages made against them, unless the damages are caused by gross negligence or wilful misconduct.

 

They understand that Bike & Bite and All Affiliated Entities accept no liability for any damage to Participants, third parties or equipment caused during their bike tours, unless the damages are caused by gross negligence or wilful misconduct.

They understand that Bike & Bite, All Affiliated Entities and Participants in the tour are bound to Dutch law. If any law is broken all parties are liable under Dutch jurisdiction.

They understand that Bike & Bite and All Affiliated Entities do not assume responsibility for loss of baggage, money, valuables or other items during the trip.

They understand that Participants are liable for damages that Bike & Bite and All Affiliated Entities may incur due to the failure to comply with the above-mentioned obligations.